Search Library Catalog
Use the Library’s Online Catalog to locate books, videos or other materials owned by the Linebaugh Public Library System. You will find a variety of search options, from the simple, keyword search to the more complex fielded searches. Note: Your default PIN is the last six digits of the barcode on your library card. Click here to enter.
How to Search the Library Catalog
1. From the Search / Home page, type in what you’re looking for. The default search is a keyword search, which searches all areas. Or you can limit the search to Author, Title, Subject, or Series. You can also limit your search just to a specific branch’s collection; the default is All, which searches all branches.
2. For a more complex search, click on the box that says “Switch to Power Search.” In Power Search you can search by words in multiple categories (Author, Title, Subject, Series), and you can narrow your search by limiting it to a specific item type (audiobook, CD, DVD, video, book, etc.), category (nonfiction, fiction) or reading level (adult, juvenile, young adult).
How to Read the Results
1. The list of books will include the book call number (which tells you where to find the book in the library), the publication year, and availability information. For more details about the book, click on the box that says Full Details.
2. The bottom line for each item tells at which library the item is available, if any (Linebaugh, Smyrna, etc.). If the item is checked out, it will say “no copies currently available” and give an estimated wait time.
How to Place a Hold
1. From the search list, click on the box that says Place Hold for the item you want to request. Or you can click the Details box, to see more information about the item, then click Place Hold from the menu on the left.
2. Type in your User ID (your library card barcode) and PIN (the default PIN is last 6 digits of your library barcode). Choose which library you want to pick up the book at.
3. Click on the box that says Place Hold. Another screen will appear verifying your hold.
How to Renew Items
1. From any screen, click the link on the dark blue bar that says My Account.
2. Click the link for Renew My Materials.
3. Type in your User ID (your library card barcode) and PIN (the default PIN is the last 6 digits of your library barcode).
4. Select which items you wish to renew or select Renew All. Click the box that says Renew Selected Items.
5. A screen will appear verifying whether the items were renewed or not. If they were renewed, the new due date will display. If the items were not renewed, you will see the reason why.