Friends of Smyrna Library (FOSL) is a 501© (3) nonprofit organization formed to promote the Smyrna Library and its activities through special programs, exhibits, and materials beyond regular resources of the library
Volunteer at Smyrna
- Helping cut crafts out for story time programs
- Helping call patrons about Book Holds
- Adopt-A-Shelf Program
- a. After being trained on how SPL organizes their collections, you choose a shelf or shelves you would like to "ADOPT" and be responsible in keeping organized and neat.
- Public Relations
- This involves handling money, charge cards, checks and running the credit card machine
FOSL Contributions (Sep. 2013 - Oct. 2014)
- Wal-Mart Grant - $500
- Middle Tennessee Electric Customer Care Inc. Grant - to build a permanent puppet stage in the Program Room and to purchase a portable puppet stage for outreach programs - $1225
- Movie License -$562
- Gift Cards for SPL employees at Christmas
- Winter Reading Program - $275
- Guest Author - Tamara Alexander (for the Romance and More Book Club) -$30.00
- Guest Author - Mike Mullen-Joint venture with Stewart Creek -our part - $565.23
- PLA Conference - Carol Kersey - $1408.22 (Conference, ALA/PLA Membership, Hotel)
- Purchased food for Linebaugh Board Meeting held at Smyrna in April and provided drinks/desserts in November
- Purchased food for Staff Development Day
- Members provided desserts and helped serve meal for International Folk Program Entertainers
- Members worked Scholastic Book Fair Fundraiser, starting Dec. 2014 will take over manning all hours of the sale.
- Depot Days Booth-2013 and 2014 to spread word about our organization
- Carpet/Paint/Fundraising committee formed
- Started Adopt-A-Shelf Program
Friends of Smyrna Library Board- 2015
- Vice President
Betsy Waldron - Secretary
Joel Parks - Treasurer
At large: Rebecca Lucier Cowan, Cindy Harmon, Roseanne Peppers
For information about Smyrna Friends, contact the Smyrna Library at (615) 459-4884.
To join, complete the FOSL membership form. Like us on Facebook today!