Smyrna Public Library
The Smyrna Public Library
400 Enon Springs Road, West, in Smyrna, Tennessee 37167
Phone: 615-459-4884 FAX: 615-459-2370
The normal operating hours for the library are::
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m
Friday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
The library will be closed for the following holidays in 2013:
|Tuesday, January 1||New Year’s Day|
|Monday, January 21||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|Monday, May 27||Memorial Day|
|Thursday, July 4||Independence Day|
|Monday, September 2||Labor Day|
|Monday, October 14||Columbus Day|
|Thursday, November 28||Thanksgiving|
|Friday, November 29||Thanksgiving|
|Tuesday, December 24||Christmas Eve|
|Wednesday, Dec. 25||Christmas Day|
*Effective April 15, 2013, the meeting room at Smyrna Public Library is no longer available for rental due to an increase in library programming.
Using the Library
To get a library card…
• You must be an area resident with current photo ID and proof of address.
• Children under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent with a current ID.
• Parents may grant permission for children to checkout videos and to use the Internet.
• Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
• Replacement cards are $2.00.
• By accepting a library card, you are agreeing to follow the Library’s rules and policies in exchange for access to the Library’s collections and services. You are agreeing to accept responsibility for all materials charged to the card, including fines and fees assessed to it.
Items in high demand – 7 days
DVDs – 7 days
All other books and library materials – 14 days
Items can be returned to any location or drop box in the Linebaugh Public Library System.
E-books are available through our website. Visit www.linebaugh.org, click on R.E.A.D.S. and follow the instructions.
Items can be placed on hold through the library catalog.
There are NO LIMITS on number of checkouts for all items except DVDs and Zines (limit 20).
2 renewals per item (if there are no holds)
You may renew your materials:
◦ at any library branch
◦ by telephone
◦ from your home or office computer by going to our online catalog. Your User ID is your entire library barcode number; the default PIN is the last six digits of your library barcode number.
If your books are due and you are not finished, call us or renew online on or before the due date for renewal.
Books, cassettes, CDs, and videos – $.10 per day.
DVDs – $1.00 per day.
Maximum fine for all materials is $7.00 per item.
Fines must be below $5.00 to check out new materials.
Patrons must be fine free to use the computer lab.
Collection Agency and Payment Plans
Linebaugh Public Library System is obligated to attempt the recovery of all outstanding debt and/or library materials. To that end, patrons with fines or fees of $25 or more are subject to contact from Unique Collection Agency. A non-negotiable collection fee will be applied to the account of any patron who reaches this threshold.
Patrons whose accounts have been sent to collection may establish a payment plan with their local branch library. The payment plan will involve an initial payment, followed by regular installments until the patron’s record is once again in good standing. If your account is past due, contact the Circulation Department to make the necessary payment arrangements.
Get Linebaugh General Information on the About Linebaugh page for information about additional services, resources, and library policies.