"I cannot live without books." - Thomas Jefferson
About the Foundation
Linebaugh Library Foundation was created in 2001 as a means to fund long-term projects beyond the scope of available public monies, manage endowments, and encourage gifts, thereby meeting the needs and desires of Rutherford County's population.
The Foundation's goals are to enhance library services, be recognized as a venue for potential donors, maximize return on investments, and have a vehicle in place to aid in future capital projects, an example of which would be branch libraries in growth areas of our county.
The Foundation is equipped to receive private and corporate contributions by cash, single gift or annual gift; transfer of stock or personal or real property of value; designation as beneficiary under life insurance; bequests under wills; transfer or conveyance of any interest in property. Linebaugh Library Foundation is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation established as a public benefit corporation.
Linebaugh Public Library System [LPLS] is operated by the Joint Board of Directors and funded by Rutherford County and the cities of Murfreesboro, Smyrna and Eagleville.
"An investment in knowledge always pays the best return." - Benjamin Franklin
Look what Linebaugh Public Library System
accomplished in 2015-2016 alone!
- LPLS contains 260,819 items and services a population of 254,632
- 475,829 people visited our four locations or bookmobile.
- 1,084,849 items were checked out at LPLS libraries.
- 219,002 e-audio.e-books/digital magazines were downloaded over the past year.
- 277,871 users accessed our databases.
- 311,419 visitors used library computers with 1,164 attending computer classes.
- 61,270 people attended programs
Imagine what can be done in the future!
- Meet the community's increasing need for information.
- More branch libraries to enrich resources for our growing population.
- Increase computer and Internet access for library patrons.
- Enhance collections and technology at existing libraries.
"Knowledge and human power are synonymous." - Francis Bacon
Here's how you can be part of the Linebaugh Library Foundation
The Foundation is equipped to receive private and corporate contributions by cash, single gift or annual gift; transfer of stock or personal or real property of value; designation as beneficiary under life insurance; bequests under wills; transfer or conveyance of any interest in property.
Currently, the Foundation is working on raising funds for operating expenses for the new Community Technology Center [CTC]. The CTC will be located on the Hobgood Elementary School campus and is scheduled to open mid-July 2017.
For gifts of securities or other assets, please contact Rita Shacklett at 615-893-4131, ext. 112.
Invest in our community's future by allocating your contribution to:
- Expansion into new branch libraries and community technology centers.
- Named Funds ($20,000 minimum) (e.g., Lasseter Fund).
- Unrestricted Fund to be used by the Foundation Board for special projects.
- Other (A specific project you would like to create and support.) Please contact Rita Shacklett at 615-893-4131, ext. 112.
Your generous past support helped build a stronger, more comprehensive library system. Please continue to make a difference in the community with your financial donation. You may mail or bring in person your completed Donation Form to the Linebaugh Public Library.
"Reading: the key which admits us to the whole world of thought and fancy and imagination."
- James Russell Lowell
Linebaugh Library Foundation Board Members
Helene Poulan Colvin, Treasurer
Mike Pirtle, Vice-Chair
Marcie Richmond, Secretary
Ben Weatherford, Chair
Lee Ann Walker
The Linebaugh Library Foundation meets in the Linebaugh Library Board Room at 4 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the following months: January, April, July, and October. If you are interested in serving on the Foundation Board, please contact Rita Shacklett at 615-893-4131, x112 or email@example.com
Donations may be tax deductible. Linebaugh Library Foundation is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation established as a public benefit corporation.
Linebaugh Public Library System is operated by the Library Board and funded by Rutherford County and the cities of Murfreesboro, Smyrna and Eagleville.
Linebaugh Library Foundation
105 West Vine Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Phone: 615-893-4131, ext. 112