I cannot live without books. - Thomas Jefferson
About the Foundation
Linebaugh Library Foundation was created in 2001 as a means to fund long-term projects beyond the scope of available public monies, manage endowments, and encourage gifts, thereby meeting the needs and desires of Rutherford County’s population.
The Foundation’s goals are to enhance library services, be recognized as a venue for potential donors, maximize return on investments, and have a vehicle in place to aid in future capital projects, an example of which would be branch libraries in growth areas of our county.
A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever. - Martin Farquhar Tupper
Look what Linebaugh Library System accomplished in fiscal year 2013 alone!
- 979,966 items were checked out at LPLS libraries.
- 576,313 people visited our four locations or bookmobile.
- 5,490 children participated in the summer reading program.
- People from 30 states and 3 countries visited our Historical Research Room.
- 27,838 visitors used library computers for research, word processing, e-mail, and just for fun.
Imagine what can be done in the future!
- Meet the community’s increasing need for information.
- More branch libraries to enrich resources for our growing population.
- Increase Internet access for library patrons.
- Enhance collections at existing libraries.
Knowledge and human power are synonymous. - Francis Bacon
Here’s how you can be part of the Linebaugh Library Foundation
The Foundation is equipped to receive private and corporate contributions by cash, single gift or annual gift; transfer of stock or personal or real property of value; designation as beneficiary under life insurance; bequests under wills; transfer or conveyance of any interest in property.
For gifts of securities or other assets, please contact Rita Shacklett at 615-893-4131, ext. 112.
Invest in our community’s future by allocating your contribution to:
- Perpetual Book Fund ($2,000 minimum). A Perpetual Book Fund would allow books to be purchased every year with interest earned on money given in memory of a designated person.
- Expansion into new branch libraries.
- Named Funds ($20,000 minimum) (e.g., Lasseter Fund).
- Unrestricted Fund to be used by the Foundation Board for special projects.
- Other (A specific project you would like to create and support.) Please contact Rita Shacklett at 615-893-4131, ext. 112.
Your generous past support helped build a stronger, more comprehensive library system. Please continue to make a difference in the community with your financial donation. You may mail or bring in person your completed Donation Form to the Linebaugh Library.
Reading: the key which admits us to the whole world of thought and fancy and imagination. - James Russell Lowell
Linebaugh Library Foundation Board Members
- Shannon Boyter
- Helene Poulan Colvin, Treasurer
- Jeff Davis
- Carmen Greenberg
- Rick LaLance
- Bert McCarter
- Ashley McFarland
- Shane McFarland, Chair
- Maggie Parsley
- Mike Pirtle
- Marcie Richmond, Secretary
- Ben Weatherford, Vice-Chair
- Lee Ann Walker
- Julie Zubkus
The Linebaugh Library Foundation meets in the Linebaugh Library Board Room at 4 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the following months: January, April, July, and October.
Donations may be tax deductible. Linebaugh Library Foundation is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation established as a public benefit corporation.
Linebaugh Public Library System is operated by the Library Board and funded by Rutherford County and the cities of Murfreesboro, Smyrna and Eagleville.
Linebaugh Library Foundation
105 West Vine Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Phone: 615-893-4131, ext. 112