Please read the Meeting Space Usage Agreement below BEFORE filling form
*The Main Branch (Linebaugh) is currently the only location that offers meeting rooms*
Linebaugh also has semi-private spaces for small groups that are on a first-come first-served basis on the 2nd floor. No reservation required.
A. The meeting rooms/spaces of Linebaugh Public Library are available only to local, non-profit organizations, governmental agencies or other groups and individuals whose purpose falls within the library's current strategic plan.
B. All activities shall be subject to the approval of the Library Board or Library administration. The Library reserves the right to withdraw permission for the use of meeting rooms/spaces when conditions warrant such action.
C. Meetings must be free and open to the public unless otherwise authorized by the Library Director in advance of the event.
D. Use of the meeting rooms/spaces does not constitute endorsement of the program by the Library Board or the Library.
E. Under the following guidelines, Library meeting rooms/spaces are available at times that do not conflict with daily operations of the Library:
- No fee is charged for those attending the meeting
- No sale of goods or services or the solicitation for future sales or services will be permitted without prior Library Administration approval. "Solicitation" is any act or attempt to advertise, market, or sell any product or service or to seek membership in any organization, or to obtain a donation/contribution. This includes the collection of "free-will" offerings. Public property, such as City of Murfreesboro buildings, facilities, parking lots, grounds and other real property, is held in trust for the public. It is to be used for governmental and public purposes and governmental property is not to be used for private gain.
- Requests for use of library meeting rooms must be made by completing the Branch Meeting Room Use Application online form. If approved, written confirmation will be returned to the individual who has signed the application. All reservations must be made at least seven days in advance.
- Priority of scheduling will be given to library-sponsored events. If it is necessary to reschedule a meeting to accommodate a library function, then organizations will be given as much notice as possible. No meeting will exceed the day scheduled for the meeting, and the Library will not be responsible or liable for any losses that might result because a scheduled meeting was cancelled for any reason.
- All non-library-sponsored events will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis and will not be allowed to meet more than one time per month.
- The following restrictions are applicable:
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a reservation, especially in the event of an emergency.
- The meeting room must be returned so as to restore the room/space to proper order at the close of the meeting and must be completely vacated 30 minutes prior to the posted closing time. Meeting rooms/spaces are not generally available to the public before or after Library hours of operation.
- Rooms/spaces may not be used for birthday and anniversary parties, weddings, funerals or other personal events.
- Food and drinks may be allowed at meetings, but any refreshments must be provided by group members, and the group is responsible for cleaning up afterwards. No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- The Linebaugh Public Library is a non-smoking facility.
- If the meeting or activity needs to be cancelled, groups should contact the library at their earliest convenience. Repeated no-shows or cancellations within three (3) months of booked dates also may result in loss of meeting room/space privileges.
- Upon request with prior notice, library staff may assist with existing library AV/technology set up.
- The organization or responsible individual will be held financially responsible for any damage incurred.
- Usage of any Library facility phone number as a contact phone number for the meeting/event scheduled, including but not limited to written, verbal, or internet, to promote the event is prohibited without prior approval by Library Administration. The Library will not serve as a point of information referral for patrons who may have questions regarding the meeting or who wish to contact the meeting organizers.
- Any printed or electronic publicity or marketing materials that include the Library's name and address must include the disclaimer: "This event is not sponsored by the Linebaugh Public Library System."
- Any equipment, furnishings, or belongings left by the applicant or those attending the meeting, shall be removed and placed in Library's lost and found. These items will be discarded after 90 days. The Library is not responsible for any items left on Library premises. There will be no payment or replacement for items lost by the organization or those in attendance. Insurance coverage is not provided.
- The Linebaugh Public Library reserves the right to revoke a reservation if the program or gathering is disruptive to the Library's normal course of business, is in violation of the adopted Use of the Library Policy, LPLS Rules of Conduct, or in violation of the guidelines set forth in this meeting room/space policy.
F. Library sponsored or co-sponsored events may be exempt from some of the above regulations at the discretion of library administration.